2001 - The First Ten Awards: Tonys 2001 Sunday, June 3, 2001
Radio City Music Hall
Telecast on the PBS Television Network
Executive Producers: Jeff Folmsbee, Jac Venza; Producer: Mark Mannucci
2001 Tony Awards - 55th Annual Tony Awards Sunday, June 3, 2001
Radio City Music Hall
Telecast on the CBS Television Network
Executive Producer: Gary Smith; Producer: Ricky Kirshner; Director: Glenn Weiss. Music Director: Eliot Lawrence. Writers: Thomas Meehan, Matthew Roberts.
Managing Producer: Elizabeth I. McCann
Coordinating Producer: Joey Parnes
Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick
Joan Allen, Dick Cavett, Kristin Chenoweth, Glenn Close, Dame Edna, Edie Falco, Kathleen Freeman, Gina Gershon, Heather Headley, Cherry Jones, Jane Krakowski, Mark Kudisch, Eric McCormack, Audra McDonald, Reba McEntire, Donna McKechnie, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Gwynneth Paltrow, Sarah Jessica Parker, Bernadette Peters, Natasha Richardson, Doris Roberts, Gary Sinise, Lily Tomlin, Henry Winkler, and three "Broadway Babies" (Meredith Patterson, Bryn Bowling, and Carol Bentley).
- The Invention of Love, introduced by playwright Tom Stoppard. Montage with voice-over by Richard Easton.
- King Hedley II, introduced by playwright August Wilson. Excerpt performed by Viola Davis and Brian Stokes Mitchell.
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (revival), introduced by Joan Allen. Excerpt performed by Gary Sinise, Amy Morton, Tim Sampson, Bruce McCarty, Jeanine Morick, and Ron O. J. Parson.
- Proof, introduced by playwright David Auburn. Scene with Mary-Louise Parker and Ben Shenkman.
- The Tale of the Allergist's Wife, introduced by playwright Charles Busch. Scene with Linda Lavin, Tony Roberts, and Michele Lee.
- A Class Act ("Follow Your Star"/"Better"/"Self Portrait" -- Nancy Anderson, Jeff Blumenkrantz, Donna Bullock, Randy Graff, David Hibbard, Lonny Price, Patrick Quinn, Sara Ramirez).
- Bells Are Ringing ("I'm Going Back" -- Faith Prince).
- 42nd Street ("42nd Street" -- David Elder, Kate Levering and company).
- Follies ("I'm Still Here" -- Polly Bergen with Louis Zorich, Jessica Leigh Brown, Colleen Dunn, Amy Heggins, and Wendy Waring).
- The Full Monty ("Let It Go" -- John Ellison Conlee, Jason Danieley, Andre De Shields, Kathleen Freeman, Romain Fruge, Marcus Neville, Patrick Wilson, and company).
- Jane Eyre ("Sirens" -- Marla Schaffel and James Barbour).
- The Producers, the new Mel Brooks Musical ("Along Came Bialy" -- Roger Bart, Gary Beach, Matthew Broderick, Cady Huffman, Nathan Lane, Brad Oscar, and company).
- The Rocky Horror Show ("Time Warp" -- Dick Cavett, Leah Delaria, Jerrod Emick, Kristen Lee Kelly, Alice Ripley, Daphne Rubin-Vega, Tom Hewitt, Raul Esparza, Sebastian LaCause, and company).